Pages

Ephy Mureithi TAHIDI HIGH ACTOR TURNS TO NUDE MODELLING

Saturday 31 May 2014

Ephy Mureithi, fondly referred to
as Ephy Saint, is not just the
ordinary actor you knew during his
time in Tahidi High.
Mureithi has undergone a
transition many of us prefer not to
acknowledge; from acting to
modelling. He spoke to Chillax
about his turnaround.

Are you done with acting?

Definitely not. I turned down an
offer from Kona because it wasn’t
a good deal. I left Tahidi High
because I felt it was time for me to
grow, as I had been  in the
programme for more than a year.
However, if another opportunity
comes my way I will take it.

So what are you doing
currently?
My focus now is on modelling and
also on my shoe company called
Kenya Ndula.
Don’t you get demoralised about
the negative comments
regarding your modelling style?
I’m an artiste and modelling is part
of this profession. Nude modelling
is still new in Kenya and I think
it’s time someone initiated it and
why not me?
This is the life I have chosen to
live. It isn’t wrong just because
some people say so.

Aren’t you concerned when
people call you the male
socialite?
No. I pose for a purpose. However,
don’t get me wrong, I respect the
other ‘socialites’ for their courage. I
started something that would
outlive me, Kenyans prefer to hate
than love, but good or bad news
they are all news and you have to
live your life.

Have your pictures affected
your life in any way?
They will affect my life the day I
start caring about what other
people say. I have a girlfriend who
is very supportive. In fact, in my
latest photo, she’s the one holding
‘my stuff’.
My mum supports and respects
what I do because she has seen me
grow ‘from grass to grace’.
Rihanna and Jamie Fox have taken
many nude photos and yet they
have millions to answer to.

What if this affects your
children in future?
I’m sure it won’t because I will tell
them to live their lives as I lived
mine. I’ll support them in
whatever they choose to do.

What’s the most embarrassing
moment in your life?

There was a time I was at a
restaurant and a girl came up to
me and started shouting that she
wanted to leave her family for
mine. It was embarrassing since I
was with my mum and girlfriend.
Last words?
Just keep doing what you love.
People will throw stones at you,
but that doesn’t mean you will die.
Pick them up and build a house
instead.

image

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Shinekenya © 2014 Designed by Madebe ,