Pages

Robben Netherlands, Am tired of critism of diving in World cup 2014

Sunday 6 July 2014

Netherlands attacker Arjen Robben
says he is fed up of being criticized
following his admission that he
dived during the 2-1 World Cup
win over Mexico
The Dutchman has long been
dogged by criticism that he goes
down too easily and won a late
penalty against El Tri to send his
side through to the quarterfinals.
In the wake of the 2-1 victory, he
conceded that he had taken a dive
earlier in the game but now says
he is sick of being hounded by
detractors, insisting he is fouled
often.
"In recent days there has been a
lot of talk about diving and actually
I'm tired of this bull," he told
NOS. "I get kicked from all sides,
but luckily I am still fit. I felt that
I could make the difference, but
didn't get the ball enough."
Tim Krul came on in the dying
stages of extra time in
Netherlands' quarterfinal win over
Costa Rica and saved two penalties
in the shootout. Robben believes
his side's team spirit shone
through.
"I don't want to blow my own
trumpet, but I felt I was so good,"
he said. "[In the dressing room] it
was a party, we were so good with
the penalties too, compliments to
Tim. It shows we do it all
together."
Netherlands continues its quest to
reach a second-straight World Cup
final with a clash against Argentina
on Wednesday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Shinekenya © 2014 Designed by Madebe ,